Kim Moore Psychotherapy
I enjoy helping people improve the quality of their lives and would welcome the opportunity to help you too. My style is direct, relaxed, encouraging, and safe, and my goal is to help you feel better and to improve the quality of your life.
The counseling relationship is a true partnership. To see if we might work well together as partners, I offer a free phone consultation. As part of our partnership, I will support you while together we help you have the kind of life you desire.
Following is information so that you will know more about me:
- Master of Science, Community Counseling, Columbus State University
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English, Ohio State University
- Kim Moore Psychotherapy– Since 2001, I have had my own practice now located in Roswell. Currently, I am:
- Receiving post-graduate training in Couples Therapy from nationally-recognized therapist, David Woodfellow.
- Studying Relational Psychotherapy at Atlanta’s Pine River Therapy Training Institute.
- Prior to my private practice, I worked for over 20 years in the mental health fieldin a variety of settings including:
- Harding Hospital, where I gained experience in eating disorders and other compulsive disorders as well as in high-level care for depression and anxiety.
- Talbert House, where I conducted therapy sessions and taught mediation skills in a residential facility.
- Cincinnati’s Jewish Hospital’s Obesity Center, which solidified my interest in compulsive disorders.
- Fort Benning Life Center, which taught me about family systems and couples.
- Talbot Recovery Center, where I worked as an individual and group therapist for business and medical professionals addicted to drugs and alcohol.
- Licensed Professional Counselor Association (LPCA)
- Metro Atlanta Therapists’ Network (MATN)
- I am married to an attorney and have two young sons.
- I enjoy fitness, cooking, and spending time with my “boys.”